Resume of Ronald Johnson
Parkville, MD 21234
rjohnson [at] genxius [dot] com
Download Resume as PDF
To make the transition from Information Technology to pure Computer Science in that I want to apply my mathematics and computer science background to solve complex problems and create the most efficient solutions possible in the Image Processing, Rendering, Simulation, and Video Game disciplines.
Senior Architect & Developer
- Responsible for complete end to end custom Software Infrastructure. From Planning, Development, Deployment, and Maintenance across numerous diverse computing platforms, technology stacks, and business units with on time deliverables and solutions that deliver on requirements.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently lead requirement gathering efforts with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
- Ability to dive head first into a new tech stack to see what is stable and ready for real word production use and what should be avoided due to bleeding edge bugs, unknown issues, and code maintenance issues.
- Developed numerous solutions to get third party software to talk to systems and interfaces they were never designed for. Often resulting in bottom line cost savings due to not having to switch to more expensive third party software that does interface with each other.
- Developed code and database solutions following high standards of time and space computing efficiency.
- Pride myself on being platform agnostic and love working on all platforms. From AIX, Linux, OS X, and Windows; I do love to understand and do it all.
Lead Software Architect / Developer (Consultant)
- Was brought on board to rewrite an existing software solution to handle new product requirements that could not be satisfied with the existing code base.
- Lead product requirement meetings in a very time efficient manner.
- Delivered new software on time and on budget satisfying all customer requirements.
- Due to positive success of initial consulting project I was then asked to come up with a software job delivery system that would allow the client to source printing partners from anywhere in the world. This was also delivered on time and on budget with an API that client partners found so easy to use they could hook into their systems in about a half days’ worth of development effort.
Senior Web Developer
- Was responsible for end to end custom website development while assisting the requirements gathering team.
- Lead all database design and website development for projects assigned to my team.
- Researched and developed new libraries for use across all projects in the company to maintain a consistent standard in coding and design practices.
- Mentored junior developers and designers on numerous web related development issues.
- Redeveloped numerous software technology stacks and applications that were severely outdated.
- Rewrote ASP websites and applications to bring them into the .NET technology stack.
- Upgraded IT infrastructure web and database servers to handle new software stacks.
Developer / Database Engineer
- Designed, Implemented, and maintained numerous web and desktop based business applications for business needs across multiple departments ranging from claims to adjuster reviews and sales.
- Worked in a very diverse technology stack consisting of Windows and HP-Unix in multiple programming environments including C++, C#, ASP.NET, ColdFusion, PHP, and PERL.
Developer / Database Engineer
- Was responsible for taking software design documentation and turning them into production ready code that would enable the business to target new trends in the Web Advertising Industry.
- Worked in a very diverse technology stack consisting of Solaris, Linux, and Windows Servers in multiple programming environments including C++, ASP, Cold Fusion, PHP, and PERL utilizing multiple database back ends consisting of My SQL, MS SQL, and Oracle database environments.
Linux Developer (Consultant)
- Hired to rewrite business system application that was unreliable and had data corruption issues.
- Rewrote Linux based Java Applet from scratch, reducing total lines of code and maintenance. Eliminated system stability issues and data corruption issues all while reducing the time it took the application to run and collect data from hundreds of client locations during the weekly Accounting Processes.
- Built and configured custom linux server environment consisting of Red Hat Linux and PostgreSQL.
- Client was very happy with how the first project turned out so they asked me to stay on for an additional project to create a custom hiring portal in which they could screen and manage over 1000 Job applicants per week.
Database Administrator / Junior Developer
- Was responsible for maintain existing database schemas and versioning between new software releases of internal applications.
- Wrote T-SQL Queries to troubleshoot production issues as well as ad-hoc reporting for individual business units.
- Wrote an XML Parsing tool to process state lottery information for retail locations spread across numerous states and lottery territories.
- Designed and Implemented new Help Desk tracking software to increase internal IT efficiency.
Quality Assurance Analyst / Junior Developer
- Performed as Q.A team lead on assigned games which consisted of distributing testing workloads to other analyists on the team and providing communication between Q.A and the developers.
- Responsible for performing manual and automated testing against game projects in varying stages of development for PC, PlayStation 1, and PlayStation 2.
- Designed and implemented a custom Height Map Import module for internal IP game engine.
- Designed and programmed internal development database for bug tracking.
- Performed integration testing for adding multiplayer support via GameSpy network API.
- Yahoo! Picks 2007
The Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum: People's Design Award Website/CMS – Lead Developer
||Linear Algebra, Calculus, Geometry, Geometric Algebra, Discrete Math, Trig
||Assembly (x86/64), C, C++ (C++99, C++11, C++14, STL), C#, JAVA
|Game and 3D Development
||Direct X, XNA, Open GL, Vulcan, Unity3D, Unreal UDK
||Oculus Rift DK2
||MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, CouchDB, T-SQL
||IIS Web Farms, IIS Server, Apache Web Server
||Hyper-V, Failover Clustering, iSCSI Storage Appliances & Networking,
Hyper Converged Severs & Storage, Blade Servers, High Availability
||IBM AIX, Linux (Cent OS, Red Hat, Ubuntu), Windows Server
||Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Virtual Private Networks, Network Load Balancing
A.S. in Computer Science from CCBC; May 2014. Honors Magna cum Laude.
MCSE: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. (2002)
A number of technical and professional references are available upon request.
For a more indepth technical version of my resume or networking oppertunities please see my LinkedIn page.